Involvement of Citizens in the Improvement of Services
The citizens can collaborate in the improvement of the services that the Social Security administration offers through:
- The surveys and questionnaires carried out periodically
- The query and suggestion boxes
- Complaints and suggestions
To specify the principles of transparency and participation and to find out the opinion of the citizens regarding the attention received, evaluation questionnaires have been implemented. These are located in the face-to-face support space in the public service areas in a place that is visible and accessible. They can also be sent to the citizen's home address. Comments from citizens are a way of finding out their opinion as to the attention provided to them by Social Security so that the services are offered generically according to the quality commitments set in the Lists of Services.
Opinions and suggestions can be deposited in the boxes in the office of the Provincial Directorate and in each face-to-face support office and general information requests can be made using "Queries/Ask a Question" on the page www.seg-social.es, although the responses provided through the box will be for informational purposes only and will not have and binding effects for the Administration. For confidentiality purposes, no personal data shall be provided through this box.
The complaints and suggestions system is there to record people's dissatisfaction with the provided services and the quality improvement proposals.
- All complaints and suggestions may be made in person, by post or by telematic media.
If presented by e-mail or Internet, it must have the electronic signature of interested party.
If the complaints or suggestions are made in person, the user will fill in and sign the established form and can request the help of the civil servants.
- In the branches and offices of the Entities there is a place where the users can present their complaints and suggestions that is indicated visibly and easy to access.
- Once the complaint or suggestion has been formulated, the user will receive documentary proof of its presentation.
- The unit responsible for processing it must inform the interested party of the action taken and, if relevant, the measures adopted, within the 20 working days following its presentation. This timeframe may be suspended if it is necessary to request clarifications from the interested party in order to resolve it correctly.
- If the interested party does not obtain a response within this time period, he or she may contact the Services Inspectorate of the Ministry of Employment and Social Security, to determine why there has been no response.
The presentation of any complaint or suggestion will not be classed as an appeal to an administrative authority, and will not interrupt the periods established in the procedure it may affect, nor will it determine the exercise of the remaining actions or rights of the interested parties.