The local network of the Social Security provides the following summary of services to citizens:
- Registration and Affiliation:
- Obtaining the Social Security / Affiliation Number.
- Registration of employers in the Social Security.
- Acquisition and termination of active contributor status, and changes of details of workers.
- Special Agreements.
- Contribution / Collection:
- Voluntary debt collection and debt enforcement proceedings.
- Debt deferment.
- Digital Certificates (SILCON/2-CA)
- Benefits / Pensions:
- Temporary or permanent disability.
- Maternity or paternity.
- Risk during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Retirement, widowhood and survival.
- Family members.
- School Insurance; SOVI and Health Care.
- Management of the Special Scheme for Sea Workers:
- Contributions, etc.
- Specific services provided to the sea fishing industry:
- Maritime Health Care.
- Social programmes.
- Employment and unemployment.