Specific Services of the Social Marine Institute
- Management of the Special Scheme for Sea Workers.
- Health care on-board ships and abroad through: the Radio-Medical Centre, Database, Overseas Centres and Hospital Ships.
- Health care training through the On-Board Health Guide, Medical Examinations for Sea Service, inspection and control of on-board health care resources, etc.
- Training and professional development given at its two National Maritime Training Centres and at the Provincial Directorates.
- Training Programmes and International Technical Cooperation.
- Assistance to workers on-board or at port (national or abroad) in compliance with Convention 163 and Recommendations 138 and 173 of the International Labour Organization (ILO).
- In compliance with Convention 9 of the ILO, the actions for which the Public Employment Service is responsible in the sea sector.