Risk during Breastfeeding
The Law on Effective Equality for Women and Men has created the benefit for risk during breastfeeding, within the protective action of the Social Security System, with the aim of protecting the health of female workers and their children during the breastfeeding period. In this way it provides coverage for cases where the female worker is required to change her job post to one that is compatible with her condition, because -in accordance with the Law on Occupational Risk Prevention- the conditions in which she works may have a negative effect on her health or that of her child, and such a change is not technically or objectively possible, or cannot be demanded due to justified reasons.
Benefit for Breastfeeding
- AIM: To protect the health of female workers and/or newborn children.
- PROTECTED SITUATION: Employment contract suspension in the cases provided for in Art. 26 of the Law on Occupational Risk Prevention.
- FINANCIAL BENEFIT: From the start of the suspension up to when the child reaches nine months of age or the female worker returns to her job post or one compatible with her condition.
- AMOUNT: A benefit equivalent to 100% of the regulatory base for TD, arising from occupational contingencies.
- Direct management by the INSS, the ISM or the Mutual Society for Work-Related Injuries and Occupational Diseases.