Workers included in any of the Social Security system schemes that meet the following requirements may access this type of early retirement:
- Being no more than two years younger than the age requirement applicable in each case, without these conditions resulting in the application of age reductions that workers in certain occupational sectors may enjoy as a result of performing particularly distressing, toxic, dangerous or unhealthy work, or as regards persons with a degree of disability between 45% and 65%.
- Being registered or in a situation equivalent to registration.
- They are able to demonstrate that they have made contributions for at least:
- 35 years, without taking into account, for these purposes, the proportional amount of the extra payments or the payment of years and days of contributions for contributions prior to 01-01-1967. To this end, only the period of compulsory military service or the replacement social service will be counted, with a maximum limit of one year.
- At least two years of the contribution period must have been within the 15 years immediately prior to earning the entitlement or at the moment when the contribution obligation terminated, if the early retirement pension is applied while affiliated or assimilated to inscription without the requirement to pay contributions.
- In the case of workers included in the special System for employed agricultural workers, for the purposes of accrediting the minimum period of effective contributions (35 years), at least 6 of the last 10 years of contributions must correspond to periods of effective work in this special system. To this end, periods during which contributory unemployment benefits were received under this special system will also be counted.
- For workers on part-time contracts, in order to accredit the minimum 35-year contribution period, effective 04-08-2013, the rulesestablished in Royal Decree-law 11/2013, of 2 August will apply.
- Once proof that the general and specific requirements have been met is submitted, the receivable pension amount must be greater than the minimum pension amount that corresponded to the interested party given his/her family situation when turning 65. Otherwise, it will not be possible for him/her to access this type of early retirement.