Cookies Notice

This website uses cookies to help you have a better user experience. If you continue to browse you are consenting to accept the above cookies and accept our cookies policy. Cookies are not used to collect personal information.

Information regarding in-person services and telematics

1. What can I do if I have to file some documentation with Social Security?

The following alternative Social Security channels are available:

  • For the filing of applications and other documentation, the Services are available in the Social Security Electronic Office or in Your Social Security  (you need to have a digital certificate or a  Cl@ve username).

  • You can also use the electronic channel offered by the Acceso al Sistema RED.

  • For all other communications, the Submission of documents, applications and communications in the Electronic Registry Service is available,  which can be accessed with a digital certificate or a Cl@ve username. However, access has been temporarily enabled without the need for a certificate for the submission of applications or documentation in urgent and essential cases, before the INSS, the TGSS and the ISM.

  • Telephone information service. If concerning another type of urgent and essential information or action, you can contact the following numbers:
    • The Spanish National Social Security Institute (INSS): 901 16 65 65, available from 9:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday, not including public holidays.
    • The Social Security General Treasury (TGSS): 901 50 20 50, from 8:30 to 18:30 Monday to Friday, not including public holidays.
    • For further enquiries or information, you can also use the Consultas and the Internet.

2. If I do not have a digital certificate or a Cl@ve username, could a relative who does have one apply or file documentation at the National Social Security Institute or the Social Marine Institute on my behalf?

A family member, next of kin or a professional who does have a digital certificate or a Cl@ve username may represent you, therefore enabling you to use our electronic services. You must include a signed copy of the standard representation model found in the accompanying documentation for the corresponding electronic service in your application.

3. How can I get information about my Social Security Number (NUSS), or if I don't have it, how to access the electronic services that require it?

If you need to know your Social Security Number (NUSS) access the “Duplicate membership document” service. In the event you do not have it you can find it via this service.
Up until now, electronic Social Security services that allow access with SMS authentication, primarily for accessing reports, required the introduction of information relating to your Social Security Number. In order to facilitate the user's use of electronic services the requirement to report this information has been eliminated, maintaining identity verification with simple information, DNI or NIE and date of birth, in addition to the introduction of a code sent to the mobile phone number that you provided to Social Security.

Complementary Content