Cookies Notice

This website uses cookies to help you have a better user experience. If you continue to browse you are consenting to accept the above cookies and accept our cookies policy. Cookies are not used to collect personal information.

Issues regarding the unique COVID-19 situation

Subject: Birth and childcare

  • Birth and childcare

    • 1. If I have had a child and am receiving birth and childcare benefits, can I be included in an ERTE?
      Category: Subsidies and other benefits > Subject: Birth and childcare

      If you are  receiving birth and childcare benefits and have been included in a job regulation process in which your hours have been suspended or reduced due to an ERTE, your benefits will not be affected until the  end of the birth and childcare leave period.

      Actions available
    • 2. If I have had a child after being included in an ERTE, will I be entitled to birth and childcare benefit? How must will the benefit be?
      Category: Subsidies and other benefits > Subject: Birth and childcare
      • If you have been included in ERTE, you will be entitled to birth and childcare benefit, so the first thing you must do is request that the Public Service of State Employment (SEPE) or the Social Marine Institute suspend your unemployment benefit and them apply for birth and childcare benefit from the Spanish National Social Security Institute or the Social Marine Institute.
      • The amount of the benefit will be 100% of the base rate of unemployment benefit paid to you by the SEPE or ISM.

      Actions available
    • 3. If I receive a call claiming to be from the Social Security, asking me to install a mobile application to collect a benefit, should I install that application or provide any information?
      Category: Subsidies and other benefits > Subject: Birth and childcare
      • No, in no case will our civil service staff contact you to request you install mobile applications for payments between individuals to pay you arrears or to make regular benefit payments.
      • Social Security entities only issue payments by deposit in the bank account provided by you or by issuing a cheque, in the cases provided.
      • If you receive a call of this kind, you can inform us by sending the telephone details, description of the situation and your contact details to our Enquiries Mailbox.
      • IMPORTANT: If you have a benefit claim in process, we may need to contact you to resolve any issues with the delivery or processing of your benefit. In these cases, the civil servant will identify themself and may give you details about the communication sent by you and the date of sending, as a guarantee that it is an official, legitimate request for details.

      Actions available
    • 4. If I need to apply for a benefit or a variation of an already recognised benefit, how do I apply?
      Category: Subsidies and other benefits > Subject: Birth and childcare
      • If you have an electronic certificate or Cl@ve, use the relevant service at the e-Office and sign your application electronically.
      • If you do not have an electronic certificate or cl@ve, you can use the Social Security application and procedures platform.
      • In the latter case, will ask you to insert a photo, taken on the spot, of your face showing your identity document and you will be able to sign your application on screen.
      Actions available
Complementary Content