Who is entitled to Social Security health care?
Amongst others, the following will have the right to the Social Security health care benefits:
- As insured individuals, the workers (affiliated and registered or in a situation assimilated to that of affiliation), pensioners and those receiving periodic benefits, including those receiving unemployment benefits or subsidies and those who, having used up their unemployment benefit or subsidy, are unemployed.
- Families or those in a similar situation, dependent on the above mentioned:
- A spouse or person with a relationship of similar status, who is officially registered.
- A depending ex-spouse of the insured, with a right to a compensatory pension.
- The dependent descendants, foster children and persons of a similar status under the age of 26 or with a disability of a degree greater than or equal to 65%.
- Living with the entitlement holder (except separated and divorced persons) and dependent upon them (except of the spouse or de facto partner).
- Not receiving income of more than double the IPREM.
- Not having the right to this benefit for a different reason.
- Spanish citizens, nationals of European Union member states, the European Economic Area or Switzerland who are resident in Spain, or foreigners with current authorisation to reside in Spain.
- People who have signed a Special Agreement.