Computer: The RED System requires the use of a personal computer. The computer must have the following minimum requirements:
- Core Duo type processor or similar.
- 4 Gb of RAM.
- Approximately 100 Mb of free space on the hard drive.
- VGA screen or better.
- Standard 101/102 keyboard.
Internet connection: If using proxy authentication, this will need to be a “Basic Authentication”
32 Bit / 64 Bit Windows Operating System
- Windows 7 or a later version. The TGSS does not guarantee correct functioning with other, earlier versions of Windows.
Acrobat Reader 8.5 or higher.
Internet Browser: Programme for browsing the Internet. It has a graphic user interface for searching, finding, viewing and processing information over the Internet. A browser is needed to connect to the web since it uses windows where the information contained in pages from a Web server can be shown.
The browsers that are currently supported are:
- Internet Explorer 8 or a later version.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Java Virtual Machine (JRE 1.8 or higher)
The Java Virtual Machine or JVM is a native program; that is, it is executable on a specific platform. It can interpret and execute instructions in a special binary code (Java byte code), which is generated by the Java language compiler.
The supported versions are:
- JAVA Oracle 1.7 or a later version (last version tested 1.8.91 (as of 19 April 2016). Some combinations of previous versions may have problems with speed or general functioning, it is therefore recommended to update to version 1.8.91 if experiencing problems.
Programmes provided by the TGSS
SILTRA: Desktop application for PC platforms and Windows operating systems, provided free-of-charge by the TGSS, enabling the exchange of contribution files (XML format