Rate this content
Beneficiaries / Requirements
- It is possible to receive a benefit for TD when the worker is on strike?
- Is it possible to receive a TD benefit if under a Special Agreement?
- If a worker has to pay contributions, will contributions prescribed and made outside of the time frame be calculated to reach the minimum contribution period?
- Does a worker always need to be up to date with contributions?
- If the worker making the contributions has the minimum contribution period covered but is not up to date with payments, will he or she be requested to pay?
- What happens if a worker suffers a work-related injury or picks up an occupational disease in an activity and is working in multiple employment or multiple activities?
- Is a worker with a part-time contract who does not work every day entitled to TD benefit? And what happens if an intermittent-permanent employee who is not working goes on sick leave?
- How is the maximum contribution period required for TD benefit calculated for part-time workers?
- Is it possible to calculate the contribution days to reach the minimum contribution period for receiving TD benefit?
Duration / Postponement / Relapses
- For the purposes of calculating the maximum TD period, will it be considered a relapse if, after receiving a discharge certificate and returning to work, a worker goes on sick leave again for the same ailments that caused the initial sick leave?
- Will a TD process be generated if, after the maximum TD period has expired and permanent disability benefit denied, the worker returns to work and goes on sick leave again the same day?
- What happens when a temporary disability process begins after the medical inspectors of the National Social Security Institute (INSS)have issued the medical discharge?
- Does the voluntary sick leave of a worker included in the system in which they were affiliated cause the TD to terminate?
- How is the base rate calculated for TD when the sick leave commences during the same month as when the work begins?
- How is the regulating base calculated when the working relationship ends during TD?
- How is the calculation made if a worker with TD has his or her contract cancelled and still has paid annual holidays left to be taken?
- If a worker continues to be temporarily disabled after the unemployment period has finished, how much will the TD benefit be?
- Is it possible to change the regulating base for the TD benefit while the benefit is being received, if it has reached the same limit as the maximum contribution base and this is then changed ?
Management / Payment
- To whom does the payment for TD correspond in the event of a relapse if at the time the insurer was different to the one that protected the initial accident?
- What documents must be submitted in order to process temporary disability for self-employed workers?
- How long does a self-employed worker have to submit the activity status declaration? What are the consequences of not presenting the declaration?
- What is the procedure for processing medical certificates for sick leave, confirmation and affiliation via the RED System and what are the deadlines?