Cookies Notice

This website uses cookies to help you have a better user experience. Cookies are not used to collect personal information. For more information, please see our cookies policy.

Rate this page
Rate this content

Contributions and documentation


When receiving the benefit, the worker will contribute 100% of the relevant rate to Social Security, which will be discounted from the benefit.


Documentation to submit in order to receive the benefit:

  • Benefit application form , using the standardised form.
  • Proof of your legally unemployed status due to:
    • Termination of the employment relationship:
      • Company Certificate/s, signed and stamped by the companies in which you worked during the past 180 days.
      • Deed of administrative or judicial mediation, or judicial decision.
      • Order for compensation, in the event the dismissal was challenged.
    • Returned emigrant:
      • Certificate issued by Government Offices or Sub-offices stating the return date and the time worked in the country to which the person emigrated.
      • Form E-301, if returning from a European Economic Area member state, or linked form including the periods worked in a Country with which Spain has signed an unemployment protection agreement (Australia or  Switzerland).
    • Person released from prison:
      • Certificate from the Director of the penitentiary centre stating the date of entry and release from prison and the reasons for the latter.
      • Company certificate, if work was carried out during the imprisonment period and unemployment assurance contributions were made.
    • Other scenarios.
  • Proof of identity of the applicant and co-habiting or dependent children that appear on the applications, using the following original and valid documentation:
    • Spanish nationals: National Identification Document (DNI).
    • Foreigners resident in Spain: For the purposes of identification: Foreigner Identity Card or identification document in the country of origin if a citizen of a European Economic Area member state or Switzerland. In all cases, the Foreigner Identification Number (NIE).
    • Family Record Book, or equivalent document in the case of foreigners.
    • Certificate of the degree of disability issued by the Institute for the Elderly and Social Services or the relevant body in the Autonomous Community, or resolution from the ‌National Social Security Institute, Ministry of  Finance and Public Administrations or the Ministry of Defence, recognising their status as a pensioner due to total, absolute or serious permanent disability, or retirement due to old age or being permanently unfit for service.
    • Judicial decision or deed formalising the fostering arrangement and which contains the consent of the Public Authority in each region responsible for child protection and the effective fostering date.
    • Ruling and/or regulating settlement agreement in the case of separation or divorce.
  • Identification of children who do not live in Spain and proof of their employment status:
    • Form E-302.
    • Certificate from the Spanish embassy or consulate in the country of residence, or certificate from the competent body in that country regarding the employment status of the children.
  • Any other document that, in accordance with the legislation in force, the ISM may state is necessary for the purposes of receiving unemployment benefit in each individual case.
Complementary Content