Computer: The RED System requires the use of a personal computer. The computer must have the following minimum requirements:
- Intel processor Core Duo or similar.
- 4 Gb RAM.
- Approximately 100 Mb of free space on the hard drive.
- VGA screen or better.
- Standard 101/102 keyboard.
Internet connection: If using proxy authentication, this will need to be a “Basic Authentication”
32 Bit / 64 Bit Windows Operating System
- Windows 7 or a later version. The TGSS does not guarantee correct functioning with other, earlier versions of Windows.
Internet Browser: Programme for browsing the Internet. It has a graphic user interface for searching, finding, viewing and processing information over the Internet. A browser is needed to connect to the web since it uses windows where the information contained in pages from a Web server can be shown.
The browsers that are currently supported are:
- Internet Explorer 8 or a later version. (Software provided by Microsoft free of charge).
- Mozilla Firefox. (Software provided by the Mozilla Foundation free of charge).
- Google Chrome
Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.5 or higher.
Java Virtual Machine (JRE 1.8 or higher) The Java Virtual Machine or JVM is a native program; that is, it is executable on a specific platform. It can interpret and execute instructions in a special binary code (Java byte code), which is generated by the Java language compiler.
The supported versions are:
- JAVA Oracle 1.6 or a later version (last version tested 1.8.91 of 19 April 2016). Some combinations of previous versions may have problems with speed or general functioning, it is therefore recommended to update to version 1.8.91 if experiencing problems.
Programmes provided by the TGSS
WinSuite32: This application is provided free of charge by the TGSS to make the use of the RED System possible on PCs and Windows operating systems. Its basic functions are to permit messages to be sent to the TGSS on affiliation and INSS matters such as contributions, as well as validating and processing the data generated by the payroll program and sending/receiving the messages through the communications module.
WinSuite32 was developed for PC. Therefore, if you keep your labour information on a "host", "mini" or similar computer, it is recommended that you transfer the information to a PC with WinSuite32 installed.
If you do not wish to operate on a PC, you will need to develop a set of programs with the functionality of WinSuite32 to run on your particular platform. Development manuals are available that you can request from the User Support Unit.