Cookies Notice

This website uses cookies to help you have a better user experience. If you continue to browse you are consenting to accept the above cookies and accept our cookies policy. Cookies are not used to collect personal information.

Birth and childcare

1. If I have had a child and am receiving birth and childcare benefits, can I be included in an ERTE?

If you are  receiving birth and childcare benefits and have been included in a job regulation process in which your hours have been suspended or reduced due to an ERTE, your benefits will not be affected until the  end of the birth and childcare leave period.

2. If I have had a child after being included in an ERTE, will I be entitled to birth and childcare benefit? How must will the benefit be?

  • If you have been included in ERTE, you will be entitled to birth and childcare benefit, so the first thing you must do is request that the Public Service of State Employment (SEPE) or the Social Marine Institute suspend your unemployment benefit and them apply for birth and childcare benefit from the Spanish National Social Security Institute or the Social Marine Institute.
  • The amount of the benefit will be 100% of the base rate of unemployment benefit paid to you by the SEPE or ISM.

3. If I receive a call claiming to be from the Social Security, asking me to install a mobile application to collect a benefit, should I install that application or provide any information?

  • No, in no case will our civil service staff contact you to request you install mobile applications for payments between individuals to pay you arrears or to make regular benefit payments.
  • Social Security entities only issue payments by deposit in the bank account provided by you or by issuing a cheque, in the cases provided.
  • If you receive a call of this kind, you can inform us by sending the telephone details, description of the situation and your contact details to our Enquiries Mailbox.
  • IMPORTANT: If you have used the extraordinary electronic service without digital certificate to send us an urgent and undeferrable application or communication, we may need to contact you to resolve any issues in sending or managing your benefit. In these cases, the civil servant will identify themself and may give you details about the communication sent by you and the date of sending, as a guarantee that it is an official, legitimate request for details.

4. If I need to request a benefit or variation in a recognised benefit and I cannot sign the form as I do not have a printer and/or scanner, how can I submit my application?

  • If you have an electronic certificate or Cl@ve, use the relevant service at the e-Office and sign your application electronically.
  • If you do not have a digital certificate or cl@ve, you can use the extraordinary channel enabled with no certificate.
  • In the latter case, if you do not have the means to scan and/or print and you must sign a form, you can replace the signature requirement for a written document that you send us along with the application, hand-signed and in any format (preferably in PDF).
  • In other words, if you do not have a printer and scanner, or electronic means of identification such as a digital certificate or Cl@ve:
    • You can fill in the official form available on our website (link) and save it in pdf without your handwritten signature.
    • You must accompany the application with a copy of your DNI/NIE and other documentation to be provided in pdf format, preferably.
    • Next, you must attach accreditation of your wish to request the benefit in a written document. To do this, you can copy this text or similar:
      • “Please consider this document accompanying my application dated……… accreditation of my wish to request the benefit of:………../ variation…….. of the benefit………….

      • Signed:

        Name, surname(s), written signature and DNI/NIE number.”

    • Send a photograph of your signed document along with the application form via the channels available for sending communications and applications: with or without digital certificate or Cl@ve:  Presentation of other written documents, applications and communications (INSS). If you are a sea worker, send your statement through this service: Presentation of other written documents, applications, and communications (Social Marine Institute).

    • IMPORTANT: please make sure it is legible and the photograph is in focus, and that the details indicated, especially mobile and email address, are correct. This is essential to be able to contact you if necessary and streamline the processing of your application.

Complementary Content