1. If I receive a call claiming to be from the Social Security, asking me to install a mobile application to collect a benefit, should I install that application or provide any information?
- No, in no case will our civil service staff contact you to request you install mobile applications for payments between individuals to pay you arrears or to make regular benefit payments.
- Social Security entities only issue payments by deposit in the bank account provided by you or by issuing a cheque, in the cases provided.
- If you receive a call of this kind, you can inform us by sending the telephone details, description of the situation and your contact details to our Enquiries Mailbox.
- IMPORTANT: If you have a benefit claim in process, we may need to contact you to resolve any issues with the delivery or processing of your benefit. In these cases, the civil servant will identify themself and may give you details about the communication sent by you and the date of sending, as a guarantee that it is an official, legitimate request for details.