Y SEGURIDAD SOCIAL
Personal Income Tax (IRPF) Withholdings
The pensions, whose amount exceeds the legally established annual amount, are subject to taxation under the terms established in the regulations for Personal Income Tax (IRPF) and submitted, when appropriate, to the system of tax withholdings, with the following exceptions:
The following are always exempt:
Pensions resulting from acts of terrorism.
Pensions for absolute permanent disability and severe disability, as well as those for retirement resulting from these situations, due to a change in status when the recipient reaches the age of 65.
Pensions for qualified total permanent disability (75%) and for retirement resulting from these, due to a change in status when the recipient reaches the age of 65, are exempt in Vizcaya, Alava and Guipuzcoa.
- As from 1.1.03, the pension is always exempt.
- Although the pension is subject to taxation, it will be exempt:
- If it results from acts of terrorism.
- If it was granted as a result of absolute or severe permanent disability.
- Benefits to family members under 22 years old are also exempt.
The pension will be exempt when it originates from acts of terrorism.