Beneficiaries: Access requirements
Unemployed workers under sixty-five years old may benefit from this programme, provided that, on the date they apply to join the programme, they fulfil the requirements listed below:
- They must be at least forty-five years old.
- They must be a job seeker registered on a continuous basis with the Public State Employment Service Office for twelve months or more. For these purposes, the job seeker registration is considered to not be continuous if you have worked an accumulated period of 90 days or more in the 365 days preceding the application date to join the programme. Leaving Spain to go abroad, for any reason or length of time, discontinues registration as a job seeker. In the event that job seeker status is discontinued, a new continuous 12-month period will be required from the new registration date.
- Having used up the Contributory Level Unemployment Benefit and/or Assistance Level Unemployment Subsidy established in Title 3 of the Consolidated Text of the General Social Security Act, except where this was due to a sanction being imposed and not being entitled to protection for such an event. This will not be required of returned emigrant workers nor those who can provide proof of being a victim of gender violence or domestic violence.
- Having no income of any kind, calculated on a monthly basis, in excess of 75% of the Minimum Professional Wage, excluding the proportional part of extraordinary payments.
For these purposes, although an applicant may not have income under the foregoing terms, if they have a spouse and/or children under the age of 26, or disabled older children, or foster children, this requirement to have no income will only be deemed to be fulfilled when the sum of the income of all the members of the family unit thus formed, including the applicant, divided by the number of family members, does not exceed 75% of the Minimum Professional Wage, excluding the proportional part of extraordinary payments. The amount of any social wages, minimum insertion income or similar social assistance payments granted by the Autonomous Communities will be calculated as income. The income set forth in Article 215.3.2 of the Consolidated Text of the General Social Security Act will be considered as income.
- Not having received the active insertion income in the 365 calendar days preceding the application to join the programme, except in those cases where they can provide proof of having a level of disability of 33% or greater, or of being a victim of gender violence or domestic violence.
- Not having received three entitlements to the active insertion income programme even where these were not received for the maximum duration of the income.
The following may also be beneficiaries:
- Workers who can provide proof of their status as a person with a level of disability of 33% or greater, or have a recognised disability that reduces their ability to work by the foregoing percentage, provided that they fulfil the abovementioned requirements, with the exception of the requirement of being at least 45 years old.
- Emigrant workers who have returned in the twelve months preceding the application, who have worked for at least six months abroad from the time they last left Spain, and who are registered as job seekers, provided that they fulfil the requirements set forth in the first section, with the exception of the requirement to have remained registered in the past twelve months.
- Workers who have proof from the relevant Authority that they are victims of gender violence and are registered as job seekers, provided that they fulfil all the above requirements, with the exception of the age requirement and the requirement to have remained registered in the past twelve months.
- Recipients of non-contributory disability pensions if they fulfil all the requirements except that of having no monthly income in excess of 75% of the Minimum Professional Wage, excluding the proportional part of two extraordinary payments, in receiving the pension, provided they provide proof that they will no longer receive it.