Unemployed applicants may benefit from the programme if they meet the following requirements on the date of submitting the application:
- At least one month has passed since any of the following allowances or benefits elapsed: unemployment benefit or unemployment subsidy; the Active Insertion Income (RAI); the Temporary Protection and Insertion Programme (PRODI); the Professional Retraining Programme for People who Exhaust their Unemployment Protection (PREPARA). Exhaustion does not include termination due to a penalty or loss of the right due to causes attributable to the beneficiary.
- Be registered as a job seeker with the relevant Public Employment Service on 1 May 2017. This requirement shall be met even if the worker is not registered as a job seeker on that date but has interrupted their registration due to paid employment, provided the contract term was less than 90 days.
- Have been registered as a job seeker for 270 days within the 18 months immediately prior to the date of applying to join the programme.
- Not be entitled to contributory or welfare unemployment protection, or active insertion income.
- Have involuntarily left paid employment prior to exhausting the last entitlement set forth in point one. And, if they have worked after exhausting the right, have involuntarily left the last job held.
- Have a monthly calculated income that does not exceed 75 per cent of the Minimum Professional Wage, excluding the proportional part of the two extra payments, and accredit family responsibilities. Income from activities compatible with the benefit shall not be taken into account.
- If, after exhausting any of the benefits or allowances included in point one, they have received any type of minimum income, social wage or similar social welfare allowances granted by any Public Administration, at least one month must have passed since termination of this income before applying for this programme.
- Meet the activation obligations.
For the purposes of joining the programme, anyone in part-time paid employment on the date of applying shall not be considered unemployed.
To join and remain in the programme, unemployed applicants must meet the following obligations