Documents which must accompany the application
The original documents specified below must be submitted along with a copy for authentication, except for identity documents, where showing the original will suffice.
If the documents have been issued by foreign bodies, they must meet the legalisation requirements in order to be valid in Spain.
IN ALL CASES:
Proof of the identity of the parent making the request and the other parent, and of the legal representative if applicable, by means of the following valid documentation:
- Spanish Citizens: National Identity Card (DNI).
- Foreign citizens, whether resident or non-resident in Spain: Passport or, where appropriate, identity document in force in their country and NIE (Foreigner Identity Number) required by the AEAT for payments.
Supporting documentation for the legal representative, where applicable.
Certificate from the company, from each of the parents, stating:
- The start and end date of the reduction in the worker's working day provided for in the fourth paragraph of Article 37.4 of the Workers' Statute.
- The indication of the usual number of working hours per week.
- The percentage by which the reduction in working hours has been fixed.
- Family book or, failing that, certificate of registration of the child in the Civil Registry or judicial or administrative decision granting adoption, foster care for the purposes of adoption or permanent fostering.
In the case of single-parent families: Family record book in which a single parent is recorded or, in the event that two parents are recorded, death certificate of one of these parents, or court ruling declaring family abandonment by one of the parents.