Documents which must accompany the application
The original documents specified below must be submitted along with a copy for authentication or a photocopy that has already been authenticated, except for identity documents, where showing the original will suffice.
- Certification of the identity of the applicant, legal representative and other persons who appear in the application, by means of the following documentation in force:
- Spanish citizens: National Identity Card (DNI).
- Foreign citizens, whether resident or non-resident in Spain: Passport or, where appropriate, identity document in force in their country and NIE (Foreigner Identification Number) required by the AEAT for payments.
- Documentation providing proof of the legal representative status, when applicable, or, in the case of applicants below legal age, proof of emancipation. If they are an institutional guardian, the CIF/NIF, document stating the institution's appointment as guardian and certificate proving the institution's legal representation.
- Contribution payment receipts for the last 3 months if you are the person required to pay them in and the disability occurred in that 3-month period.
- Administrative report on the work-related injury or occupational illness.
- Employer certificate stating the actual wages for the previous year.
- If it is in your possession, the medical record prepared by the competent Public Health Service of your Autonomous Community or, if applicable, the Medical Inspection Report from this service.
- In the event of abortion after more than six months of pregnancy or the death of children within the first 24 hours of life, certificate from the Civil Registry stating that this took place.
- Family Record Book or certificates from the Civil Registry proving the family relationship with the applicant.
- Certificate from the local council proving cohabitation with the applicant (not required for the spouse and children), when deemed necessary by the civil servant.
- Court order or certificate of foster care issued by the Autonomous Community.
- Separation or divorce ruling stating the custody of the children below legal age and, if applicable, the amount of the compensatory pension awarded to the spouse or ex-spouse and the maintenance allowance to the children.
- Proof of foreign citizen's habitual residence in Spain, by means of certificate of inclusion on the electoral register from the town council or residence card, when deemed necessary by the civil servant.
This documentation can be submitted at any of the Social Security Support and Information Centres.