The Social Security Measures Agreement was signed in the Palacio de la Moncloa on Thursday 13 July, 2006.
The aim of this agreement is to achieve a more caring and efficient social protection system and guarantee coverage levels, bearing in mind the financial balance and compatibility of Social Security with employment and wealth creation.
This agreement is the result of a major coordination effort and encompasses different initiatives that influence five major areas of activity:
- Guarantee of adaptation between the system's income and costs.
- Embodying of the solidarity principle.
- Initiatives that affect the contributory protection area.
- Actions aimed at promoting the voluntary prolongation of working life.
- Progress in the streamlining and simplification process of the Social Security system structure.