With effect from 6 October 2020, the Ministry of Inclusion, Social Security and Migration will assume responsibility for the recognition, management and proposed payment of the Civil Servant System. Consequently, any procedure or formality prior to 6 October 2020 relating to a State Civil Servant system pension or benefit will be the responsibility of the Directorate-General for Personnel Costs, in the case of pensions for civil servants, or the Directorate-General of Personnel-Pension Department of the Ministry of Defence in the case of pensions for military personnel and civil guards.
For additional information there are the following possibilities:
- On the Civil Servants portal, there is detailed and up-to-date information on State Civil Servants System. You can also obtain the forms to apply for such benefits, learn about the regulations governing them, the addresses and telephone numbers of the different contact points, as well as information on the administrative procedure followed for your recognition or calculate the amount of your future pension, if you are a staff member close to retirement. You may also ask for a consultation on Civil Servants in the section “Pensioner assistance” within the “Pensioners” tab.
- On the Ministry of Defence website, you will be able to obtain detailed and up-to-date information on the pensions of the State Civil Servants System for military staff and the civil guard, obtain the forms to request such benefits, learn about the regulations that regulate them, the addresses and contact telephone numbers, as well as find out about the administrative procedure followed for your recognition or calculate the amount of your future pension, if you are a staff member close to retirement. You may also make your inquiry about military Civil Servants in the Information Service, whose contact details appear in the link: “CONTACT section”.
- In the e-Office of the Directorate-General for Personnel Costs and in the e-Office of the Ministry of Defence, you can access electronic services and the electronic application for Civil Servant benefits.
- Royal Decree 2/2020, of 12 January, restructuring the ministerial departments, which creates the Ministry of Inclusion, Social Security and Migration, to which the competence in matters of social security and Civil Servants of the State is attributed.
- Royal Decree 497/2020, of 28 April, which develops the basic organisational structure of the Ministry of Inclusion, Social Security and Migration, which establishes a gradual process for the assumption of competence in this matter.