1. What can I do if I have to file some documentation with Social Security?
The following alternative Social Security channels are available:
- For the filing of applications and other documentation, the Services are available in the Social Security Electronic Office or in Your Social Security (you need to have a digital certificate or a Cl@ve username).
- You can also use the electronic channel offered by the Acceso al Sistema RED.
- For all other communications, the Submission of documents, applications and communications in the Electronic Registry Service is available, which can be accessed with a digital certificate or a Cl@ve username. However, access has been temporarily enabled without the need for a certificate for the submission of applications or documentation in urgent and essential cases, before the INSS, the TGSS and the ISM.
- Telephone information service. If concerning another type of urgent and essential information or action, you can contact the following numbers:
- The Spanish National Social Security Institute (INSS): 901 16 65 65, available from 9:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday, not including public holidays.
- The Social Security General Treasury (TGSS): 901 50 20 50, from 8:30 to 18:30 Monday to Friday, not including public holidays.
- For further enquiries or information, you can also use the Consultas and the Internet.