3. ¿El pago de pensiones en el extranjero se va a ver afectado por la limitación de movilidad por el COVID 19?
- If payment of the pension abroad is made by bank transfer, it will be completed as normal.
- On the other hand, the payment of pensions by cheque for March 2020 has been suspended in those countries where confinement measures related to the COVID-19 health crisis have made it impossible to distribute them. Cheques withheld by the spanish Social Security system will be forwarded to their recipients once mobility restriction measures in the country of residence have been lifted.
The countries initially affected by this restriction are:
- Pensioners who have been collecting their pension by cheque can request a change in payment method by transfer in order to receive their pension without delay.
- To request this change:
- If you have a cl@ve e-certificate, use the Change of address and bank details service at the Social Security e-Office.
- If you do not have an electronic certificate, use this form and send it filled in via the Presentation of other written documents, applications and communications (National Social Security Institute ) without a certificate service, accompanied by your identity document and a document accrediting the bank account holder.
- If you are a pensioner of the Social Marine Institute use that standard and send it through the Filing of other documents, applications, and communications (Social Marine Institute) service.