|C/ Infanta Mercedes, 31 - 3ª Planta - 28020 - MADRID.
Telephone: 91 425 25 85.
Fax: 91 425 25 67.
What is the Social Security Administration Legal Service?
It is a Common Service of Social Security and the basic level of the general subdirectorate; it exercises the functions and competencies related to representation and defence in trials of the Management Bodies and Common Services of the Social Security, under the terms established in the Regulations of the Legal Service of the Social Security, approved by Royal Decree 947/2001, of 3 August.
The budget of the Social Security Administration Legal Service, as a Common Service of Social Security without legal status and notwithstanding its direct dependence on the Secretary of State of Social Security, will be integrated into that of the General Treasury of the Social Security as an independent management centre.
The integration of the legal services budget delegated to the management centre of the Social Security Administration Legal Services will become effective as soon as the corresponding employment vacancy lists are approved.
What are its duties?
- The representation and defence in trials of the Social Security Administration within the scope of its management bodies and Common Services before any jurisdiction, whether they be Spanish or from the European Union, or abroad.
- The representation and defence before any administrative body in those proceedings in which the Social Security Administration is involved, within the scope of its management bodies and Common Services.
- The representation and defence in trials of authorities, official workers and employees of the management bodies and Common Services, regardless of their procedural position, when the proceedings follow actions or omissions related to the perfomance of their duties.
- Actions carried out in regard to competence and conflicts of duties.
- Report the files related to the payment of any costs for which the Social Security Administration may be liable within the scope of its management bodies and Common Services, as well as those that are approved and accrued in its favour.
- Approval of the minutes of the notaries public and prosecutors involved in the processed matters.
- Any other function related to legal assistance, of an administrative nature and established in the regulations in force.
- The issue of reports and other functions associated with the legal advice of the Social Security Administration which affect the management bodies or Common Services of Social Security.
- Report the claims presented prior to civil or labour actions in a legal procedure of the cases in which an opinion has been requested from the board of administration.
- Assistance to contract-awarding committees, as well as mandatory legal advice under the terms established in the legislation on Public Administration Contracts.
- Acceptance of credentials of powers of attorney and the other documents that prove identification.
- Any other function relating to the legal assistance established in the legislation in force.
The Social Security Administration Legal Service Management is responsible for managing and coordinating the Legal Services delegated to the Social Security Administration within the scope of management bodies and Common Services of Social Security.
Inspect the technical-legal actions of the Legal Services delegated to the Social Security Administration and the units of Legal Service Management.
The announcement of training and upgrading courses for staff registered in the Legal Service Management and the central and provincial delegated Legal Services.
Draw up and monitor reports on administrative proceedings and legal advice by the management bodies or Common Services.
Monitor and analyse litigious, advisory or any other legal actions, drawing up reports, records and statistics.
Monitor and gather the legal opinions of the different courts regarding the competencies assigned to the corresponding management body or Common Service.