Y SEGURIDAD SOCIAL
- Is the father's income taken into account for entitlement to the dependent child allocation in a single-parent family where the mother lives with the children?
- If someone is receiving a benefit for having a dependent child, do they continue to receive the benefit if the child starts to work and receive a salary?
- In order to obtain the benefit for the birth of the third child or more, what income is calculated to determine the annual income limit?
- Does the multiple adoption benefit entitlement exist for the adoption of two children born outside Spain?
- Is a period of leave taken for 6 months to care for a child after maternity leave considered to be a period of effective contribution to the Social Security?
The family benefit for dependent childrendepends on the income being under a certain amount and only takes into consideration the income of the parent living in the family unit.
In cases of annulment, separation or divorce, the compensatory pension is calculated for the spouse who wins custody in the legal ruling.
The child or foster child will still be considered to be the responsibility of the beneficiary even if they carry out paid work, as an employed or self-employed worker, as long as they continue to live with the beneficiary and the income received by them for the work carried out does not exceed 100% of the national minimum wage in force at any given time, calculated on an annual basis.
If the child´s income is greater than the amount stated in the previous paragraph, the financial benefit will expire due to the end of the financial dependency of the originator (child) on the beneficiary.
The income earned by recipients the year before the birth or adoption took place will be taken into account to determine the income limit .
For entitlement to be multiple adoption benefit, the birth or adoption which took place abroad will be considered to have occurred in Spain if it can be shown that the child has been immediately integrated into a family living in Spain.
The period that can be calculated as an effective contribution period will be the first two years of leave taken by the worker, in accordance with |art. 46.3 of the Workers' Statute, to care for each child or foster child.
When the family unit that the child is a part of, for whose care leave is being requested, is deemed to be a large family, in accordance with the provisions of Law 40/2003, of 18 November, the calculable period will be 30 months (in the general category) or 36 months in the (special category).
If the periods indicated above are not enjoyed in full, only the periods that were actually taken will be calculated for contribution purposes.